Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Se ruega no molestar

Okay, so it turns out there is no do-it-yourself mulch. I'm totally bummed. And the mulch men are coming Friday or Saturday! This is very not good (muy mal). I just put in bare root daylilies and my dustymiller is coming back from the root. The mulch men will surely put an end to all of my efforts :( So I have a new plan. I'm going to put lots of stuff in my area, potting soil bags, flower pots, planters, shovel, rake, etc. I don't think they'll actually make the effort to move everything. Also I am planning to put all of my empty seed packets on sticks and put them in the ground as identification markers...hopefully this will clue them in that I've planted something. I'm digging up the mulch from the last five or so years too to make it look fresh. Maybe they'll think I already mulched like Jerry and Rita did.

The last part of the plan is a bilingual sign that reads : Se ruega no molestar el jardin. Gracias, la jardinera y los flores.

This is meant to mean: Please do not disturb the garden. Thank you, The gardener and the flowers.

Anyone know if this is an accurate translation? My high school Spanish classes aren't exactly fresh in my mind. I had to take a glance into my Spanish/English dictionary to get as far as I did.

2 comments:

Neza S.G. said...

Hola...I can help you with the Spanish translation:
I would remove "Se Ruega" because this means 'they plead' or 'we plead'. It's a bit extreme, and the workers will think it's strange.

You can just say, "Por Favor no molestar el jardin".

(And flowers is: Las Flores, instead of 'Los').
I commend you for wanting to communicate in Spanish.
Gracias y buena suerte en tu jardin. Avisame por favor si quieres mas ayuda con el espanol.

The Rock and Roll Gardener in Minnesota

Karen said...

You may be right that they may not make the effort to move everything. That is too funny!

Hope your sign works!