Friday, April 18, 2008

Only slightly shaken (stirred too early)

I would like to thank the earthquake for waking me up WAY before it was time for me to get up. Even though I knew what it was it took me forever to go back to sleep. Barbara doesn't do mornings and she really doesn't do 5:35am very well.

Post breakfast and post aftershock I checked some of my 'winter' sewn pots, two marigolds are up. Took pics, but they're Really unclear.

Also, two somethings have also sprouted in the container I labeled Patio Mix Sweet Pea/Morning Glory. If I had to guess I'd say they were morning glory, but now I'm wishing I hadn't mixed them together. They'll stay in that flower pot together all season, so it's not absolutely necessary that they be ID'd, but now I wish I knew what I was looking at.

Lilies are up and looking good. Well, five are up and looking good, one is up and looking sad. I think some have multiplied :)


2 comments:

tina said...

Nice blog. I love short posts but always seem to be too wordy. I hope the Extension agent offers the Master Gardener class when you can attend. It was so fun and I agree, much of it more for personal knowledge. Have a great day and get to planting! You must be safe by now?

Where is your garden? I live and garden in Tennessee but we own a house in Evansville. The quakes were felt here too.

tina said...

Thanks for letting me know where your garden is. I always wonder with this worldwide web. I love Indiana. Hubby doesn't but that is because he is an Army recruiter and having a hard time getting people to join during these times. But that wouldn't matter where you are-Indiana or not! It is a nice place to garden.