Wednesday, April 30, 2008

House Shopping aka Looking for a Good Yard for Sale

So I've been house hunting for about two months now. Perfectly good houses have been thrown out of my search for lack of a good sunny yard...or for having no yard at all.

I think I have it narrowed down to three different houses.

One has a good sized, very sunny yard. It's basically a blank canvas waiting to be painted upon. It's very close (2miles) to work, but it backs up to a road.

Another doesn't have much yard to speak of and drops off into the neighborhood retention pond. Sadness because it seems like a great house and ALL of the appliances would stay.

And the last has a good sized fenced yard with a beautiful brick patio. During the showing, the woman across the fence was putting in plants and digging in the mulch (A fellow gardener for a neighbor!) My concern is that we saw the home while it was raining outside, so I'm not sure how much sun it gets and I can't remember if it had a bunch of shade trees or not. I guess if I needed more sunlight to garden, I could take down a tree at last resort. If you haven't noticed, this is the house I'm leaning toward. The kitchen has a beautiful tile backsplash, and there are real wood floors, and a big finished basement/bum room.

My parents are coming into town this week and my realtor is going to show us all three houses. I'm really in need of their guidance here. I really need some feedback and I know they will give me their honest straight forward opinions.

No comments: