Monday, April 14, 2008

Homeland = Swampland

Came home this week to plant nursery plants that have been in my living room for a week. Guess what? Swampland. It would have been really nice if Mom or Dad would have mentioned how soggy it was here before I drove two hours to *not plant the flower beds.

Here are the poor little plants...MI bulb should really ship later than they do. The plants are sitting on my parents' deck. I'm just hoping they don't kill them before the ground is workable.


I took a walk through the 'swamp' and squished my way around the yard. Got my shoes all muddy and tracked mud into the house which I have cleaned up so mom doesn't see mud on her new floors. The 'swamp' is below. You wouldn't know from looking at it.


In better news, flowers at the front fence are coming up. The maiden pinks ground cover is coming back with a flourish. Things that are supposed to be coming up are, so at least something's going right.

No comments: