Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I fell into the WalMart

First, a big thank you to Neza for helping me with my translation. Hopefully my message will be clear and they won't think I'm just a goof ball leaving messages in broken Spanish. I will use the simpler version....although I kind of do feel like pleading with them to leave my plant babies alone.

Anyway, I'm so worked up about the mulch and having other people in my garden that I haven't posted about my adventure at WalMart. I went looking for tools, nothing more. I found said tools.


It was at this point I should have left the store, but I couldn't leave without going down every aisle of the garden center (you all understand)

They had cheap potting soil, which has actually turned out to be pretty cheap. It has little gravely bits in mixed in. I guess you get what you pay for. They also had plastic planters made of recycled materials, made in the USA for 88 cents. So naturally I had to buy two of those.

And people, WalMart sells really cheap bare roots plants and bulbs! How did I not know this? Granted you get what you pay for may hold true here as well, but I got to dig in the dirt for several hours and put in 8 daylilies for less than 8 dollars, so I'm content and think it was money well spent. I also got Iris Bulbs for Mom's yard. I am not allowed back in that garden center. I need someone to follow me around and make sure I don't buy any more plants and seeds this season.




My tulips are blooming now which is why I'm so focused on saving them from mulch and shovels.
Lots of photo ops for the lovelies that line my front steps.




No comments: