Thursday, April 24, 2008

As good as it's gonna get

Today a new little peach tulip from my 'original' pastel grouping of about four or five. This is the first tulip this year from that planting.




It really stands out from its pink sisters all in a row. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really wish I would have planted more of them.



So, just in case the mulch men bring death and destruction to my little plot of heaven on earth, I've taken a few snapshots to document things as they are now, nearly perfect in my mind, or at least as good as they're going to get this spring if bad things come my way.




Today I dug, moved mulch, spread the mulch around the plants, watered plants and mulch, marked the areas where plants are, and put up plant markers. Those markers are not really indicative of what's planted where, but they should be very obvious signs that: something is planted here, hands off.



Tomorrow I will put out my sign when I head to work. Wish me luck. I've done just about all I can think to do. This is about as good as it's gonna get.

No comments: