Friday, May 9, 2008

Sprout Count

Three days of rain means....the tulips are looking washed out. :(

Three days of rain also means.....you don't have to water direct sown seeds :)

We had a few hours of no rain this afternoon so I headed out to see if there was anything to see.

My sprout count is roughly 50 from my very scientific method of take a step, squat, look, repeat. I didn't label things very well, but I think the ones that are coming up are marigolds and blue-flash-dwarf-morning-glory-something-or-other. The nasturtium seeds had been uncovered by the rain, so I sprinkled a little dirt their way.

Also six more tomato seedlings have made themselves known. It seems late for starting them. I wonder if they will reach maturity and produce tomatoes. I was looking at green pepper and tomato maturity dates and it looks like anywhere from 60 days to 90 days. Surely I will see fruits and veggies before August.

They seem so small though. I feel like everything, food and flower are growing so slowly. I thought I was a patient person, but where is my patience now?

1 comment:

Neza S.G. said...

Hi, I was just checking back- and I see your mulching sign in Spanish worked well...
I like your blog- it's very personal.

The Rock and Roll Gardener