Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Goodbye to Bushes and Direct Sowing

The apartment complex employees took out the big old gnarled bushes in front of my apartment last Thursday. They did a beautiful job and didn't disturb anything. If I had tried to do the job myself, things would have turned out much worse.

Monday I did some direct sowing into the huge spaces left by the bushes. I'd show you, but it's just a big open area of dirt.

The direct sowing and the two daylilies that have come up, survived the first mulchmen mowing, edging, weeding day yesterday. I stayed outside as long as I could before I had to come into work and they didn't disturb anything :)

Today is mother nature's chance to foul things up and wash all of my flower seeds away. T-storms are predicted for tonight.

Oh, and this past weekend was pretty busy, the parents and I saw three houses I wanted them to see...they all got the thumbs down...the search continues. I also ran the Mini on Saturday before a Very Long day at work.

1 comment:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I walk all the time, but I've never been able to run. Good for you!

I'm glad they didn't mess things up when they removed the shrubs.