Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Involuntary Plantslaughter

Tuesday I potted up three tomatoes and three green peppers...these are for mom. (The newspaper and toilet paper tube starter pots worked wonderfully!)

One really huge clump of blue flash seedlings has been divided into two huge clumps.

Winter sown Cosmos went from their pot into the ground. Sadly two of four seedlings died during the effort. They just refused to come out, and in the process of my squeezing and shaking the plastic pot, two stems became decapitated and lost their leaves. They were snubbed out of the world, just like that, because of my carelessness...I guess it's a little bit like involuntary plantslaughter.

2 comments:

tina said...

It happens. Life goes on. Funny the way you wrote it up!

Gina said...

babs - I had planned to get my winter sown cosmos in the ground today too but somehow I spend wayyyyy too much time getting my tomatoes in the ground. I never finish my to-do list!