Monday, March 31, 2008

New Tulips!

About 53 degrees today. Went out for a nice long run. It rained on me, but only for about two minutes. I didn't mind much. I knew we were expecting rain, so I took my hooded jacket with me. And besides. I won't melt.

After I got home from my run, I took a little look around the leafy/mulchy area to see if there were any signs of the tulips I planted last fall. And there were! They have reddish leaves and are just ever so slightly poking through the ground. They blend in really well with the ground because of their reddish hue. I took a quick picture of one of them...I'm just now noticing that it turned out a bit blurry. Oh well, you get the idea.



There are about a dozen of these little reddish nubs sticking out of the ground. I am just hoping they aren't disturbed by the 'gardeners' who trampled my tulips last year. I hope they come up slowly as we are expecting some cold nights this week. I think one night below freezing.

I really hated trying to protect all of my tulips last spring. It went on for what seemed to be every night for weeks and weeks. If they could all just take their time and come up once it's actually warm, that would be great. I am happy that the new Menard's tulips did actually come up. I guess they really were just on a different schedule.

Also, I have a mouse in my house!...kind of like bringing the outdoors in, but in a bad way.
Nothing has been disturbed in my kitchen or pantry, but I hear it scratching inside my kitchen walls. Generally not good. I've heard it the past three nights. I told the lady at the leasing office today...not sure what good will come of it. I think I should have to pay less rent if I have to share my apartment with a mouse!

No comments: