Monday, February 17, 2014

Several friends of mine have inspired me to go no poo.  Basically, you ditch shampoo, and either use nothing, or you use a baking soda wash and vinegar rinse you make yourself. I've done lots of googling and while there are lots of blogs on the subject and on people's experiences, I only found one 'photo diary.' There is a transition period where your hair will look stringy/greasy/awful, but it seems no one (except one person) is willing to document their awkward hair days to let newbies know what to realistically expect.  This transition period can last a couple weeks to a couple months.  My plan (feeling brave at the moment) is to document my no poo experiment, including the bad hair days that are sure to come, hopefully followed by the good hair days to come. I last washed my hair with traditional store bought shampoo on Sunday February 16th. This morning I did not wash my hair, and this is what it looks like...

No comments: