Monday, February 17, 2014

I've been doing some research on no-poo and shampHree.  Lots of good sites out there.
I think one of the best is How to Hair Girl. Roxie Hunt blogs about all things hair, but has great posts and videos about going shampoo free. I have to give her props. Everyone thinking of getting rid of shampoo should all go check out howtohairgirl.com

A lot of the articles I've been reading talk about how back in the day, women had beautiful hair, because....they only washed it once a week, and they didn't use harsh chemicals that stripped the oil from their hair, and they brushed their hair 100 strokes a day. My mom would sit my sister and I down before bed every single night and brush, brush, brush our hair.  I had amazing healthy hair as a kid; it went to my waist.  Guess I should start brush, brush, brushing again.



 In her blog, Roxie talks about how Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote about using baking soda and vinegar on her hair.  So it seems this really isn't a new trend. It's actually getting back to basics.

I'm going to no-poo in the morning.  I've mixed up my little bottles. The small bottle has about a tablespoon of baking soda with a half cup of water in it.  The larger bottle has two tablespoons of white vinegar and two cups of water in it. Wish me luck!


No comments: