Monday, February 24, 2014

I gathered up all of my bottles of  hair stuff that were in and around the tub so I won't be tempted to shampoo while in the shower....I placed them under the sink.


There are so many of them,  I don't even know what to do with them.  I started comparing the ingredients to the ingredients listed on my body wash and they are almost identical...so maybe I should use them as body wash/shave gel? I guess it's that or throw them away.  But...if the chemicals are too harsh for my scalp..then aren't the chemicals too harsh for the rest of my body??

Speaking of bottles of lotions and potions, I'm suddenly very aware of all of the bottles on my counter, bathroom cupboard, and a big blue plastic bin. Hmmm.  Someone once said to me, "Oh wow, your bathroom is full of girl stuff." I'm seeing it now.  He was right.  How on earth do women acquire so many bottles of soap, cleanser, salt scrubs, sugar scrubs, toner, moisturizer, body spray, lotion, body butter, etc?
This is out of control.  Something must be done.  I wold like to try to use up a few things at a time and toss the bottles.  I feel bad just tossing it all in the trash, even though I don't use half of it. There may be some spring cleaning in my future.




2 comments:

Kathy F. said...

After I'm settled, I'll come over and show you how to make a bunch of that stuff... with ingredients you already have or can easily acquire (and pronounce/read). My next venture is making my own make up. Perhaps you'll become my partner in crime!

Barbara said...

Sounds fun. I love kitchen science :)