Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First Baking Soda Wash

Well, I woke up this morning and ran my fingers through my hair.  It felt soft and healthy, but I felt like a grease ball. I tied it back, put a stocking cap on and went out to shovel snow.


Came back inside, and it was time to try the baking soda wash for the first time.
I combed my hair and used the squeeze bottle to distribute the soda solution through my dry hair along my roots (I used about 1/4 cup of the solution). I massaged it into my scalp with my fingertips and used a wide tooth comb to comb it through my hair.  I let it sit while I brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower.  I massaged my scalp a little more, rinsed, combed, rinsed and combed again.

Then it was time for the vinegar rinse.  I squirted it down the length of my hair and the ends (I used about 1/4 cup of the rinse solution).  At this point, I was thinking I smelled a little bit like a salad. I let it sit in my hair while I finished my shower.  Then it was time to comb, rinse, comb and rinse again.

I let it air dry.  I always let my hair air dry except on special occasions, like for weddings or a special date. This is the result:


It's soft and clean.  It feels like it has a little texture, or is maybe a little thicker than normal.  Usually my hair is fine and limp and has a million flyaway/baby hairs. All I've done to it today is let it dry, flip it upside down a few times, and brushed through it once.  I'm still amazed that baking soda cleaned my hair so well. I'm also happy to report that I don't smell like a salad in the slightest  :)  Very promising. I'll be keeping this up.  Stay tuned.

No comments: